Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I am asylum seeker in Germany and yesterday I got married to an EU citizen ( Romanian ) ,my man been living in Germany since 6 years with unlimited job contract . Anyway I got the Eheurkunde that states we are now married , but I don't know what steps to take now , where should I go where should I send this how to apply for resident permit , I am scared they will no accept it . My man lives in Munchen and I am in Bonn camp we got married in Bonn also .
Please any jelp !!
asked Nov 22, 2019 in Legal advice by

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes


Thank you for sharing your situation with the Wefugees Community!

First of all, congratulations to your marriage! 

As you are now a spouse of an EU-citizen, which is enjoying the freedom of movement, you should apply for a residence permit card according to section 5 para. 1 FreizügG/EU at your local immigration office (Ausländerbehörde). Please have a look at this website for the details (it refers to the process in Berlin, but requirements will be similar in other cities including Bonn).

Additionally, you should also apply for leaving the camp and living together with your husband in München. For this, you submit a so-called "Umverteilungsantrag" to the Ausländerbehörde and provide your marriage certificate.

I hope this helps and please get back to us with any further questions!

All the best,


answered Nov 22, 2019 by Meike
3,971 questions
4,736 answers
136,361 users