Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello, I came to greece illegally I havent applied asylum seeker process in greece yet. By the way I have my turkish valid passport. My fiance is finnish and live in finland. Can I get married with her in greece by using my valid passport  or must I have asylum seeker paper. Second question; can I get residence permit from finland by using our marriage document. And last question if I will be able to get marrried in greece , which institute should I appy?
asked Oct 23, 2019 in Legal advice by MMSezgin

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @MMSezgin,

Thank you for sharing your questions with the Wefugees Community!

Marriage in Greece was discussed already a couple of times on this platform. Please check, for example, this thread: Can I get married in Greece although my asylum case is incomplete?

As I read here, you need to prove your address in Greece, showing that you permanently live there. So I assume you will get difficulties if you stay unregistered in the country.

Following this thread, you will find information and relevant links on immigration procedures in Finland. Please see especially this website, which describes every step of the process.

On your last question: Could you please specify or re-formulate which information you exactly need? 

I hope this helps and all the best,


answered Oct 25, 2019 by Meike
Firstly thanks for your kind response as I understand to get married process is long and tough process. I checked the website which you sent me but actually I couldn't find a specific information into it. In case I reach Finland and start asylum process there , can I get married during my asylum process?
3,780 questions
4,513 answers
135,933 users