Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello dear Wefugees,
I'm looking urgently for a lawyer in Düsseldorf or around, as i have been holding a Duldung for 13 months and i the appeal is going on the court for 28 paragraph for residence permit, and i'm waiting for an appointment for the appeal, i have lawyer, and I'm not satisfied about his work, because he didn't take the case seriously, he never exchanged the informations between the immigration office that he had, because he didn't had time, and he gave me the case and judge phone number to call him and ask whether to provide an appointment for our appeal, and this is sounds so unprofessional, i believe this is an important time to find a lawyer who can struck out the case and fight for my right ! I have a german son and living with my German fiancee, and i work i don't get any help from social, and i have german B2 level, i have been in Germany since 11/2018.
I appreciate your response in advance
asked Nov 21, 2019 in Legal advice by latrache

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear @latrache,

Thank you for reaching out to the Wefugees Community!

I am sorry to hear that you are so unhappy with your lawyer.

However, from the information you just shared, your situation and prospects for receiving the respective residence permit sound quite promising to me.

You may want to consider to talk to a migration counselling person in one of the numerous offices in Düsseldorf (which offer their services for free) first, before hiring a new lawyer. Please see some contact details and addresses here.

It might be already sufficient if there is some expert/third person giving a signal to the lawyer, that the case and the work he is (not) doing will be closely "observed".

I hope this helps and all the best,


answered Nov 22, 2019 by Meike
Thank you so much Meike for your answer,
Well i have reached before many counseling services in Düsseldorf, they didn't really helped for a lawyer, they asked me to look for a lawyer by myself
0 votes

Dear @latrache

if you checked in with some counselling offices already and they couldn´t help you find a lawyer, another option could be to contact the so called refugee council (Flüchtlingsrat) of your Federal State = Nordrhein-Westfalen. I will link their contact details for you.

They might have an overview of good lawyers in Düsseldorf and be able to name you one or two. 

All the best


answered Nov 22, 2019 by InfoVerbund
Thank you Melina!

You are right, that could also be very helpful!

All the best,

3,699 questions
4,447 answers
135,780 users