Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I am a father of a German child . mother of a child and I had seperation but My child is in Germany but i am currently residing in Brazil. Can I apply for German residence ??
asked Oct 19, 2019 in Legal advice by Raheel

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Raheel

thank you for sharing your question with the Wefugees Community! 

We discussed a similar situation earlier on this platform - you may want to check the following thread for more information. The most important documents you need to have are the proof of recognition of paternity (Vaterschaftsanerkennung) plus the certificate regarding legal custody. Please note that it is very much important to proof to the immigration office that you want to take care of your child and that you have been doing so in the past, for example by paying alimony and taking care of your child. 

I hope this answer was useful for you. Please feel free to contact the community again if you need further assistance!

All the best,


Note: Please keep in mind that we can´t provide qualified legal advice via the internet and that any information given can´t replace such legal advice.

answered Oct 24, 2019 by InfoVerbund
3,052 questions
3,814 answers
134,284 users