Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello once again to all I need advise for my friend  he lives in Italy and he has German gf and they have plan to marry and he give all his required documents for marriage to his gf and now she has Ehefähigkeitszeugnis ,my friend want to come in Germany and apply for asylum and ask date for marriage, before has asylum in Germany in 2015 and he leave German because of Dublin ,what he sould do and how please any one help him or any good lawyer in area hannover who facilities him for asylum and marriage ,best regards
asked Sep 6, 2019 in Legal advice by pk

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @pk,

Thank you for raising your questions to the Wefugee Community!

Your friend's situation is still not very clear to me. As far as I understood, he is an asylum seeker in Italy? If this is the case, he will not be allowed to travel to Germany or to leave Italy as long as the asylum procedure is still pending.

However, if he can provide all required documents, they might want to marry in Italy (please find discussions we had on this earlier, for example, here)?

If your friend is able to get a residence permit in Germany related to his German (then) wife, there would be no need to apply for asylum anymore.

Please get back to us if any clarification is needed or if you want to discuss your friend's case further.

All the best,


answered Sep 13, 2019 by Meike
Thanks for replying ,he is not on asylum in Italy  after 2015 leaving Germany he never apply asylum in any country, my question is he can apply again asylum in Germany or no because without any status in Germany he can't marry

Dear @pk

if the German authorities sent him to Italy in the name of Dublin, that means that he was already registered as an Asylum seeker and that Italy will be responsible for his asylum request. If he would re-apply in Germany, they would most probably send him back to Italy a second time. 

In general, marrying in Germany is not depending on a residence permit. However, he would need to provide certain documents. Please find details on this in our blog on "Marrying in Germany" ( 

All the best, 


3,622 questions
4,355 answers
135,535 users