Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
The truth is my visa is expired, and I am with my girlfriend. How can I get married to her without leaving the country, because once I go out I might never be allowed to come back. What are the possible options for me to stay in Germany without going back home? i am in Germany is there any other option apart from going back home
asked Aug 27, 2019 in Other Questions by dean12

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @dean12,

Thank you for sharing your situation with the Wefugee Community!

Do you have all required documents to marry your fiance? You may want to read our blog for more information on this. I assume that it will be the best to marry as soon as possible. However, I am afraid that it will be at the discretion of the immigration office at the end, if they ask you to leave the country again or they issue a residence permit immediately. 

As you are in a quite complicated situation, I would also recommend you to seek legal advice i.e. by a lawyer.

Please also do not hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Sep 13, 2019 by Meike
2,953 questions
3,698 answers
134,062 users