my wife is swedish and she is pregnant with our first child that is expected to be born in december, and i am seeking asylum in netherlands, and i still in a waitting camp, so what i have to do to be with my wife before December?

 thank you
asked Aug 16, 2019 in Asylum proceedings by Saeb.Elias

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Saeb.Elias,

Thank you for sharing your situation with the Wefugee Community and sorry for the rather late reply!

I am not familiar with the Swedish immigration law, but you may want to check this website of the Swedish migration agency. Here you will find some information on requirements for a spouse visa. 

However, I also would highly recommend you, or better to say your wife, to seek some legal counselling. In Germany, for example, there are migration counselling offices by which people are supported in issues like yours. I am very sure that there will be similar institutions in Sweden. If you want to share your wife's location/area, I would be happy to support in finding one close to her. 

All the best for you and your family,


answered Sep 13, 2019 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,378 questions
5,232 answers
137,350 users