Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello! We just arrived in germany as my baby, 6 months, was born with catarct to both eyes. In our coubtry Albania when she was born she was not examinated and now here in germany we were told that her vision is very vey damaged. 1 of the eyes is reallly bad and chances for recovery are very few while for the other one there are few more chances. We just underwent a laser surgery today and it was ok. We dont knkw yet how much she is able to see, but we will nees to change vision lenses each month until 13 years as we wre told. I dont want to return to my country as im afraid my baby vision will get worse. I dont know the quality ofbthe lenses and in addition its due to doctors incapabiity that my baby s vision is deteriorated. J want to seek asylum here just to be sure my baby will be better. If medical examination was made in albania when she was born, her vision acuity would have been way better. I am myself in vety bad pschycologicaal conditions right now. Could you please kindly help with any advice? Thank you in advance!
asked Aug 2, 2019 in Asylum proceedings by Akura

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Akura

Thank you for sharing your situation with the Wefugee Community! 

Unfortunately, as Albania is categorized as a so-called "safe country of origin" and health issues are in general not a reason for granting asylum, you should think about an asylum application carefully. Depending on certain factors, applying for a residence permit according to §18 AufenthG might be an alternative option for you. In order to obtain this residence permit, you would have to fulfil requirements - having a job especially. You would also have to leave the country and re-enter with a visa. If you, as an registered asylum seeker, would have received social money/benefits from the German state up to two years prior your application for that residence permit, you might not qualify accordingly. 

I recommend you to seek legal advice in a counselling centre in order to elaborate your personal situation further. Please let us know if you need support in finding one in your area. 

However, also do not hesitate to get back to us if more clarification is needed. 

All the best, 


answered Aug 12, 2019 by Meike
3,168 questions
3,944 answers
134,576 users