Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
How are you today?

Can I withdraw the asylum procedure and apply for a work visa instead?  I have my county Passport at home but i can give to them if they want it .  I am in Germany since 2013 and i am working but i am holding duldung since 2016.

I that possible ? Because i am tired with this asylum seeker life.

I need your advise please 
asked Jun 24, 2019 in Asylum proceedings by Mwiki02

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Mwiki02,

Thank you for reaching out to the Wefugee community!

In general, you apply for a working visa from your country of origin at the German embassy (not if you are already in Germany). 

But depending on your situation, you might be able to apply for a residence permit. As you are working and if you fulfill certain requirements, the residence permit according to §25b AufenthG ("residence permit for sustainable integration") could be interesting for you. You can check out Isa's answer in the following thread:

However, if you applied for a Asylum in 2013 and you are holding an "Aufenthaltsgestattung" or Duldung since then, you still may have to wait for another two years (as one requirement is to be in Germany since 8 years).

Another option could be the so-called "Ausbildungsduldung". Please check this thread for further information (it is in German)

As every case is very different and there are so many factors might being relevant, I can recommend you to seek for individual legal advice, i.e. in a counselling centre. If you need some support in finding one in your area, feel free to get back to us.

I hope this will be useful for you.

All the best,


answered Jun 28, 2019 by Meike
2,868 questions
3,561 answers
133,703 users