Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
asked Jun 23, 2019 in Legal advice by MoBarnieh

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @MoBarnieh,

Thank you for reaching out to the Wefugee Community!

In general, if you have a residence permit in Germany and a Syrian passport, you are allowed to travel within the European Union (in any case, a travel document is required). Can you explain a bit more in detail, which documents you currently hold? If you have a Syrian passport, why would you need the Ausweisersatz? Do you hold the refugee recognition or the subsidiary protection? If you are recognised as a refugee (first residence permit for three years), you are also able to apply for a refugee passport (the blue one), which would also be a valid travel document. Maybe the discussion in an earlier thread can provide more relevant information:

Please get back to us with any further questions or if clarification is needed.

All the best,


answered Jun 26, 2019 by Meike
I have my passport but the residency isn't printed on it I have 2 year work resedincy on an ausweisersatz paper, and  currently in Egypt so my question is can I enter an EU union country with this paper? and thank you

Dear @MoBarnieh

For me it is not very clear, why you received an Ausweisersatz if you actually hold a national passport? In general, if you have a residence permit in Germany and also hold a valid travel document (and a visa if required), you are allowed to travel outside of Germany. As far as I know, your residence permit would however expire, if you leave Germany for more than 6 months (without a special permission by the Ausländerbehörde). If you are recognized as a refugee, you are also not allowed to travel to your country of origin. As a consequence your status in Germany might expire.

All the best, 


3,661 questions
4,398 answers
135,618 users