Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Iā€™m from Pakistan, I live in Itlay, my visa state is subsidiary protection for five years. My fiance is from Romania, so she's an  European  citizen and she lives and works in Malta since more than seven years. So thats why we decided to get marry in Malta. I was married in Pakistan,  my wife died and I have the died certificater from my country.

Please, let us know what documents we have to prepare for this.

Thank you in advance for your kind reply.
asked Feb 26 in Legal advice by nomi
edited Apr 26 by āœ”Safia Advocate

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @nomi,

Thank you for your question and sorry you had to wait so long for an answer!

Since you have a 5 years residence permit, you are allowed to travel within the Schengen Area without visa. Getting married in Malta should not be a problem.

Here is a page concerning weddings in Malta and the documents, which are required to marry. These are:

  • RZ1 form (marriage application) and RZ2 forms (declarations of oath), which you will get at the marriage registry in Malta
  • Birth certificates
  • Passports
  • Free status certificate, or certificate of non impediment - the Embassy of Pakistan in Italy delivers such documents (see here, "Unmarried Certificate"); however depending on your asylum case, it might not be a good thing to visit the Embassy. If you are not sure, I recommend you to get the help of a lawyer or legal aid group.
  • Your previous wedding certificate
  • The death certificate of your previous wife

I recommend your girlfriend and you to get in touch with the marriage registry in Malta as soon as possible in order to make sure you collect all necessary documents in time.

I hope this helps, don't hesitate to add a comment if you need additional information!

All the best,

answered Apr 26 by āœ”Safia Advocate
2,348 questions
2,887 answers
128,262 users