Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello please I got a letter from the ausländerbehorder of Landkreis Harburg to submit a letter from the embassy of south Sudan and reason why they can't give me south Sudan passport but when I called south Sudan embassy and explain everything to them, they told me they can't issued any letter to me without providing any evidence or details about my family in south Sudan and I told them I was taking out of south Sudan when I was six months old baby but they told me to go collect letter from where I grow up which is Libya. And If I come to embassy,they'll not give me any letter because I don't have any documents that shows that I am from south Sudan or was born in south Sudan.  Please what should I do ? Any advice.  Thanks
asked Feb 25, 2019 in Asylum proceedings by Denny28
retagged Apr 25, 2019 by Safia Advocate

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Best answer

Dear @Denny28,

Thank you for your question and sorry you had to wait so long for an answer!

From what I read here, the Embassy of South Soudan does not issue any passport, to anyone, in Germany. You can try and use this argument with the Ausländerbehörde, maybe after asking the Embassy to issue a letter stating this general information.

I recommend you to contact a local legal aid service. You can get in touch with the AWO in the Harburg region, for example.

I hope this helps - don't hesitate to add a comment if you need additional information.

All the best,


answered Apr 25, 2019 by Safia Advocate
selected Apr 25, 2019 by Denny28
Hello Safia Advocate, thanks for your answer . Please  I was send to the embassy of south Sudan by the ausländerbehorde but the embassy refused to issue me a letter but rather asked me to take a picture and go and show them to the ausländerbehorde and  the ausländerbehorde too send an email to the embassy of south Sudan on the 18th of March 2019 to request for a passport or letter for me but the embassy refused to reply the email and on the 9th of April 2019 ausländerbehorde has still send a letter to the embassy again but up to now , they haven't get any answer from the embassy of south Sudan and I don't know if it's possible to still contact the ausländerbehorde or a lawyer because the whole thing is confusing me. Thanks
Dear Denny,

It is not to late to contact a lawyer or a social worker to help you. You can call AWO to check if they are available to help. Here is the number for Harburg: 04171 8489 80.

Otherwise, here is a list of legal aid groups in Hamburg:

All the best,
3,703 questions
4,449 answers
135,792 users