I have a permanent resident permit in Italy and I moved to Germany, have been living in Germany now for almost 2 Months or so, so before my 3 months complete i want to stay for a little more period to be able to search for job, is there any thing I can do about it, or do I have to travel to Italy and come back and for how long can I stay in Italy and come back to Germany?
asked Feb 12, 2019 in Legal advice by Sandralicious

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote
Best answer
Hello , your case is simple

You can travel back to Italy and come in again as soon as possible..I also have an advice for you in other way round .. you can call my Italy number
answered Feb 12, 2019 by Easytemmy
Ok thanks and what's your Italy number please?

You can send me a message on there and I will write you my number ..
Hello @Easytemmy, I appreciate your enthusiasm to help. However, it would be great if you could keep the conversation on the platform, so other members can profit from helpful answers as well! Best, Isa
+1 vote

Dear @Sandralicious,

Thank you for reaching out to our platform again with your question.

Are you in Germany right now with a tourist visa? 

Please have a look at the following website for more information on residence permits for the purpose of employment: https://service.berlin.de/dienstleistung/305304/en/

You can find a detailed explanation of the documents required and prerequisites in order to apply for it. 

Since you mentioned that you would like to stay in order to look for a job, there is a residence permit option for "qualified workers wishing to search for an employment": https://service.berlin.de/dienstleistung/324661/en/

Please note that the website states that:

"This residence permit cannot be issued to foreigners already resident in the Federal territory with another residence permit that does not entitle the holder to pursue an economic activity.

The residence permit is issued for a period of six months and does not represent an entitlement to practice an occupation. There is no possibility of extending this residence permit for the same purpose again."

In order to find out what residence permit or visa you need, have a look at this Germany Visa website: https://www.germany-visa.org/german-residence-permit/

And information by the same website on how to extend a German short-stay visa: https://www.germany-visa.org/how-to-extend-a-short-stay-german-visa/

Please have a look at all these websites, they provide all the necessary information. You can also reach out to your local Foreigners Office for more information on options to stay. Feel free to reach out to us again if you need any further information!

All the best,


answered Feb 18, 2019 by Isa
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,377 questions
5,231 answers
137,349 users