Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
asked Feb 1, 2019 in Legal advice by Hopeless
edited Aug 25, 2019 by Hopeless

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Hopeless,

It's nice to hear from you again!

I have answered a similar question before, please have a look at the thread from our platform here:

How does leaving Germany for 6+ months affect my residence title?

You lose your "Aufenthaltserlaubnis"/ residence permit, if you have been out of the country for more than six months without notifying the "Ausländerbehörde". Your refugee status can be revoked if you return to your country of origin. 

If you want to travel for a longer period, I would advise to reach out to your local foreigners office about your planned trip, as they sometimes give you a special permission, for example if family members are ill. 

Please also have a look at the information on the Infomigrants website I shared on the other thread. 

More information on the expiry of residence titles can be found here:

Feel free to reach out to us again if you have any further questions!

All the best,


answered Feb 4, 2019 by Isa
3,491 questions
4,244 answers
135,215 users