Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
hi .. i ask this question from my friend side . he is from afghanistan lives in german with a blue refugee passport . last year he go to pakistan and engaged with a afghani girl , now he wants to invite her to marriage . is it possible ? if yes what document he needed for this process ? thanks
asked Jan 13, 2019 in Legal advice by deepkahlon

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @deepkahlon,

Nice to hear from you again!

If your friend is a Blue passport holder, he has been granted an asylum or refugee status. That should also make it easier for him to get married in Germany, if his girlfriend is granted a visa.

First of all, the following Berlin service website explains the process of getting a visa for marriage and what documents they will need to present:

As the website states:

"Do you wish to get married or enter into a same-sex life partnership in Germany?

If so, the fiancé(e) living in Germany must first apply to a German registry office for a date on which to establish the marriage or life partnership.
The fiancé(e) living abroad will then apply to the German foreign mission (embassy or general consulate) for a national visa for the purpose of marriage..."

Second, have a look at these threads from our platform for more information on the marriage process:

I'd like to learn more about the marriage procedure in Germany as a refugee 

How to get married in Germany as an asylum seeker? 

On the first thread, Thorgen posted a link to the Wefugees Blog article "How to Marry" in Germany, which can be very helpful for your friend to find out how it works/ what documents they will need.

I hope this helps for now. Please reach out to us again if you or your friend needs any further assistance! 

Kind regards,


answered Jan 18, 2019 by Isa
3,847 questions
4,615 answers
136,127 users