hallo I want to ask about marriage I have baby with my German gf already I already make Vaterschaft und Sorgerecht and apply for 28abs Aufenthaltstitel because of passport my Aufenthaltstitel is panding because I don’t have my passport so I want to ask like I am allow to marry ? 

asked Dec 28, 2018 in Asylum proceedings by Garry

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Garry,

Nice to hear from you again.

Am I understanding you correctly - you applied for a residence permit based on having a child with a German citizen and you both have custody of the child? Have you applied for asylum?

As an asylum seeker in Germany, you generally have the right to marry. Here is a link from the Wefugees Blog on How to Marry in Germany: follow this link

You can find the English version when you scroll down. It explains all the necessary steps and documents you will need to get married. Please note that the passport is the first necessary document you have to have in order to get married. 

This thread explains this case very well:Is there any way to get married without giving my passport?

Here's another thread where a similar question has been answered before: I'd like to learn more about the marriage procedure in Germany as a refugee

I hope these sources help to answer your question. Let us know if you need any further assistance!

All the best,


answered Dec 31, 2018 by Isa
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,316 questions
5,158 answers
137,068 users