Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

I’m citizen of Eu country and my to be husband is from out of Eu.(Asia) He is at this moment illegally in Greece without any passport or identity card. We are planning to get married soon in Greece but how we can do it? Where he can get his passport and possibly some residence permit? (I think those have to be done before we can even plan our wedding.)

Thanks for reply.
asked Nov 13, 2018 in Legal advice by Happy

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello @Happy, thank you for your question and joining our community. As you rightly assumed it is n ot possible to start the marriage process unless he has the legal right to be in Greece (e.g. being a registered asylum seeker). Once this is done he will need to obtain a passport from his native coutry. I hope we could address your question, if you need further guidance please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Best regards, Nilab
answered Nov 15, 2018 by Nilab
3,477 questions
4,228 answers
135,179 users