Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Does it happen that a duldung holder get residence permit before 8 years?
asked Nov 13, 2018 in Asylum proceedings by Nay

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Dear @Nay, thank you for sharing your situation with us. As for your question it would be essential to know whether the person in question has a Duldung(Aussetzung der Abschiebung) or an Aufenthaltserlaubnis according to §60 AufenthG("Duldung"). If you could get back with these informations, then we can give you an answer. Until then please donot hesitate to reach out to the community. Best regards, Nilab
answered Nov 15, 2018 by Nilab
The person in question has a Duldung (Aussetzung der Abschiebung). It's already been five years.

Dear @Nay, thank you for getting back that soon. In this case it is not an Aufenthaltstitel and there is the possibilitiy to gain the Aufenthaltserlaubnis if you can proof that you have been integrated in Germany quite well: such as: - good language skills in German - have been working - no criminal records You should apply for a Aufenthaltserlaubnis if all this applies, but maybe it might take long for the Ausländerbehörde to get bcak to you as many people are in the same Situation as yours. And you should start the process through a lawyer. Best regards, Nilab
Thanks @Nilab If one has good german language skill and has been integrated well and has been working for the last five years and paying taxes. Should he/she apply after 5 years or should he or she wait for 8 years before applying for Aufenthaltserlaubnis? Actually when is the ideal time for applying? Thanks.
Dear @Nay, he/she should apply and will then know what more is needed in order to get it. There is no such thing as the ideal time :-) Best regards, Nilab
2,360 questions
2,905 answers
131,533 users