My girlfriend is American citizen and I live in Italy as a refugee I have no documents and we want to get married  so we can move together to America what will I do?
asked Nov 6, 2018 in Legal advice by sparo17 | 221 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear  @sparo17

thank you for your question in the community. 

As for your question: 

1. to Marry in italy without providing your Passport and the Certificate of Nulla Osta (Certificate of no impediment) it is impossible, so you need to have these documents; 

2. your girlfriend as an American has to come to Italy to get married and getall her papers from America certified;

3. after got married your girlfriend ahs to apply for an family unifiaction at the american authorities. 

I hope this could help answer some parts of your questions, if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Best regards, 


answered Nov 9, 2018 by Nilab
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,628 questions
5,527 answers
138,163 users