I asked a question while ago, but got no reply to that. Very sad,Thor. 'Cool name by the way'

Anyway new question. I'm leaving my wife and moving to Berlin, now the Jobcenter here said to get the apartment and then contact the Jobcenter in Berlin, (Because I'm unemployed)

Now I don't know which Jobcenter to call, as there seem to be several. (my ansprechpartnerin just told me Berlin is a big city) And don't know how much the wohngeld is,  or where to find this information. So could you help me out with what exactly I should do, from getting the apartment, to contacting the Jobcenter and all that? I'd be ever so grateful.
asked Sep 24, 2018 in Home & Living by SchwarzerBlitz

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+2 votes
Hi thanks for the question the group will fine an answer for you soon. Just that some of our experts like@thor @WKZB are busy for now Best regards Nelly
answered Sep 25, 2018 by Nelly Overcomer
Dear @ Nelly Overcomer,
thank you:-)

Best regards,
+1 vote

Dear @SchwarzerBlitz

thank you for your question and we are very sorry we could not get back to you any sooner, as I was on sick.leave and could not address the questions in time. 

But as for your question: 

it is right there are many Jobcenters in Berlin and depending where you will live in Berlin the one responsible for you is determined. Berlin is devided in districts(Bezirke) and according to your place the district differs that is responsible for all administrative questions. 

Here is the overview: 


As you are unemployed you might be eligible for WBS(Wohnberechtigungsschein) this allows you to get apartments that are supported/funded by the state: 


I hope I could assist you- if you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Best regards, 


answered Oct 3, 2018 by Nilab
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,363 questions
5,223 answers
137,301 users