I would highly appreciate if you could clarify if there is there a difference between a refugee who got protection under German constitution, political, or Geneva convention 1951 for that issue (topic of the question)
asked Sep 10, 2018 in Legal advice by MoHa | 1,236 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

+2 votes
Best answer
Hi @MoHa sorry i didn't read the question carefully Convention refugees in the Eu are allowed to apply for third country Visa. similar procedures applies it just depends on the country to accept the Visa or not. you can go directly to the Embassy or consulate of the third Country you want to work in the EU country where you live and apply for the work Visa. i have some friends who have Eu refugee status but also travelled and work outside the European Union. Just make sure you have the proper documentations and meet up with the requirements for the Visa application good luck and best regards Nelly
answered Sep 10, 2018 by Nelly Overcomer
I read today that blue passport cannot be used to travel outside Germany for 90 days in 6 months or to work there. I also read if a refugee visited his home country's embassy then would lose right of protection, this means that a person cannot renew or get a new passport of his own country to travel and get work permit in a third country. How then it is allowed? How did your friend got it?
Hi @MoHa you are right but don't always mind what you read in the Internet i have 5 years Residence Permits and a Refugee Blue passport in Italy. same laws applies in the Eu. But i after i married a German i also applied for my Nigerian Passport at the Nigerian Embassy in Berlin. Infact it was the Nigerian Passport along with my Italian Residence permits that i used in applying for the German Residence permits) aufenstaltstitel) I also have lots of friends who have both Passport. Although its not lawful. If you get a working Visa to a third country you can work there with Your Blue Passport without any problem. Anyway you can contact an immigration lawyer So you won't feel deceived. But trust me if you succeed in getting the third country working visa you can work there without any problem. good luck and best regards Nelly
One more thing @MoHa the 6 month law applies in the European union if you are travelling from Your Eu country of Residence to a different Eu Country. Then you don't need a visa you are only allowed to stay there 90 days in every 180 days thats a total of 6 month's in 1 year period. the 6 months period of stay doesn't apply if you have a National Visa (working Visa) of the European Country you want to work. You are allowed to stay in the Eu country where you found the job as long as your Visa and contract is still valid. Same procedures also applies if you have a working Visa for a third country for example New Zealand, Canada, UAE or other Countries then you are allowed to stay in that country with your Blue Passport (Refugee Passport) as far as your working visa and contract is still valid. Best regards Nelly
Much appreciated Nelly
Hello Nelly,
thank you for answering the questions in such detail.

Best regards,
+1 vote
Sorry i don't understand your questions very well. Are you already accepted as a Refugee in Germany or in a different European Country? If you are already accepted as a Refugee and have the 1951 Convention travel Documents and a Residence Permits which you got along with the Passport you can travel freely in the EU for a period of 90 days in every 180 days but you aren't allowed to pick up a job there during your visit.
 But there's a Good News you Can apply for a working Visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the EU Country you want to work in if approved then you can travel there and pick up a job there. For example if you hold a German Refugee status and you have the German 1951 convention travel Documents and the Residence Permits that comes along with it ( aufenstaltstitel) and you would like to travel to the Netherlands for work you have to first apply for a Netherlands Working visa if approved then you can travel to Netherlands and pick up the Job there.
Best regards
answered Sep 10, 2018 by Nelly Overcomer
Thanks Nelly but I said clearly "outside EU". So your answer is not what I am looking for.
Best regards
0 votes
Hello Moha,

welcome in the community! I will do some research and get back to you asap.

Best regards,

answered Sep 11, 2018 by Nilab
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,299 questions
6,289 answers
139,292 users