Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I'm a refugee living in Uganda and i want to go to Germany with my Conventinal Travel Document  and an Invitation letter  .
asked Jul 29, 2018 in Asylum proceedings by Alinealkalo

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Alinealkalo

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for your question.

I'm not sure if this is going to work. In order to come to Germany you need a visa. Having someone that invites you, might give you a better chance to get such a visa because they will work a guarantor that covers expenses that might arise during your stay. But since you are a refugee in Uganda, German authorities might assume that you don't intend to go back after your visa expired. In this case it can happen that they refuse to give you a visa even though you are having an invitation and a guarantor.

Best regards,


answered Jul 30, 2018 by Thor
3,893 questions
4,661 answers
136,205 users