Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Dear sir ma,,,,  my name is mark Christopher,,,, I live in Germany,    and married  to a German woman,,, I was married  5mouths  ago in Germany  with my wife,  according  to German  laws,    but there don't allow  me to move to my wife place officialy,,  my wife live in Bayem  and I live in baden-wuttemberg,,,, 30min drive from each other,,,, but there don't allow me  to move to my wife officialy,,,, there could not give any good reason,  why  I shoud  not,,,,,,and there tell me I shoud go back to my country  and come back with a visa to my wife place,,

Please tell me what should  I do,,,,
asked Jul 12, 2018 in Legal advice by Mark123

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Mark123

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for your question.

May I ask you what your current legal status is (Aufenthaltsgestattung, Duldung etc.)? It's probably the reason why you can't move from one federal state to another at the moment (due to a so-called "Wohnsitzauflage").

As Steven explained in his comment in another thread (, it's lawful for Ausländerbehörde to ask you to go back to your home country and to re-enter Germany with a proper visa afterwards. Then you can apply for a residence permit at Ausländerbehörde and move wherever you want. Sorry for the bad news.

Best regards,


answered Jul 17, 2018 by Thor
3,114 questions
3,888 answers
134,441 users