Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
+1 vote
I am looking to marry my boyfriend under same sex marriage law can i get exception  with my passport because pakistan denied to issue new passport because of my refugee status in Germany and same sex marriages are illegal there
asked May 2 in Legal advice by Owais (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello @Owals

Welcome to our community and thank you for your question.

In general, it's crucial to have a valid passport in order to marry. Maybe you can get in contact with Standesamt, tell them about your situation and try to find out whether there is another way to prove your identity. Maybe an expired passport or another document will do. Some Standesämter might be more accommodating than others and allow a marriage under these circumstances. Otherwise I don't really see a way how you can get married.

Best regards,

answered May 7 by Thor (62,450 points)
1,665 questions
2,255 answers
11,033 users