Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
hello i hope you are doing well          Thank you for your useful information and help.My question is here.I am from Afghanistan and living here in Sweden for 3 years, the migration association refused my asylum application and then I appealed to Swedish to court for the last chance if they hopefully can change the decision.but my fiance she currently resident in Belgium  wants to know if she comes to me and we marry here in Sweden.what if the decision is negative again for the 3th time then I have to leave the country  If i go illegally to Belgium to join with my wife what else  will  happen.Thank you very much again :)
asked Mar 14, 2018 in Legal advice by Hakimi

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Hakimi

Welcome to our community and thank you for your question!

You can marry your fiancé in Sweden, but you need to submit a number of documents. The list includes: a valid passport, a certificate of birth, a certificate of no impediment and documents that prove that both of you are free to marry (a single status affidavit - apparently that's different from the certificate of no impediment). The source I found says you have to go to the local Tax Office (Lokala skattemyndigheten) and ask them about the documents you need. They are probably the best address to go to find out about the exact procedure.

If you get a definitive negative result on your asylum application, you will most likely have to leave the country or you might get deported. Going to Belgium results in an illegal stay in Belgium. So that doesn't seem to be a solution that works in the long-run.

Best regards,


answered Mar 15, 2018 by Thor
3,964 questions
4,734 answers
136,324 users