Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello, my boyfriend is a Syrian refugee in Berlin. He lost his father a few months ago in a bombing and is totally traumatized and feeling depressed. I am very concerned about him and I am urgently looking for a psychologist who speaks Arabic in Berlin (and who could follow him if possible for several sessions ).In English could be possible also but I think its better to see someone talking your mother language . Do you know someone I could send him to? My boyfriend is at the TK health insurance.Thank you very much in advance for your answers
asked Feb 12, 2018 in Healthcare by Mathilde

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

+3 votes

look at this site:
Search for the word "arabisch" (without the quotes). You'll find psychologists who know arabic.
Another source: Try this:
Got to form field 'Sprache' and choose "Arabisch"

Good luck, Jan
answered Feb 12, 2018 by Jan
+3 votes
Hi @Mathilde :)

There is an organisation called "Ipso" in Berlin that offers psycho-social support in various languages (including Arabic) for refugees:

Your boyfriend can either call them or go there in person to make an appointment. They are located at Hohenstaufenstr. 31, 10779 Berlin.

They are available on the phone (030 55 077 203) from monday to friday between 9-17.

All the best,
answered Feb 13, 2018 by Lea
+2 votes
THANK you so much for your answers. I will check these adresses out. It will help him a lot
answered Feb 13, 2018 by Mathilde
3,893 questions
4,661 answers
136,205 users