Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
+1 vote
Hello  Guys I really appreciated your help  Very helpful information! thank you!  need some information  I am hoping one of you can give me some information about marriage in Italy  I am an Afghan and I am holding Italian subsidiary’s protraction documents Which has been issued for five years and it’s still valid until 2019/08.

Since four years I am in a relationship with a British girl she is originally Schotish but she is holding normal British passport  So Me and my girlfriend we decided to get married very soon   she is living in UK  It’s a little bite difficult for her to stay in Italy for long time Bc she is working

Could you please let me know what I have to do ? Will be good to give me some information from A to Z From where I start

At the moment I am in Germany but soon I am coming back to Italy to do some paperwork for my wedding until my girlfriend fly to Italy as she is waiting for me to do some paperwork than she is flying from uk to Italy   So please need a quick advice, as I read some information about An American girl and her boyfriend  But still it doesn’t help me much

And I have one more important question   I think in Italy at the court they will ask me for some documents to proof that I am single  Yes I am single  But I don’t have a certificate from my country to show them at the court   So as I am holding subsidiary protection documents  I can’t visit my embassy and I am not allowed to visit my country, so how I proof that and how I make the certificate when I am not allowed to visit my embassy ?  But in my asylum documents and in my national ID card from my home country  it’s clearly written on it  I am single  Do you think the court will accept that or still they will ask for a certificate? What should I do ? Thank you very much in advance  Wali,

Sorry just a question comes up  How long it will take until I get marriage and I get my marriage certificate ?

Thank you very much!
asked Jan 28 in Legal advice by S (140 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hello @S and welcome to our community!

Both of you need to hand in a valid ID or passport at the Italian registry office along with a birth certificate, a certificate of no impediment and maybe some other documents too. Get in contact with the civil registrar (“ufficiale di stato civile”) where you want to get married to find out what documents exactly you need. You can also ask them about the duration of the whole procedure. They will be able to give you the most exact information.

We had a similar question here on the website recently. Please check out the information provided here:

Unfortunately I can’t tell you whether your documents will be sufficient to prove that you are single or not. Once again it probably makes sense to just ask the civil registrar and explain the dilemma you are facing. Or Maybe @Marcel or @Steven have an idea on how to tackle the issue.

Best regards,
answered Jan 31 by Thor (43,890 points)
Dear Thorgen,
Thank you very much!
Your very kind I really appreciated your help
Wish you all the best in your life!
Dear @S - thanks a lot for the kind words! :) I'm really glad that my answer was helpful to you. Best regards, Thorgen
1,278 questions
1,806 answers
2,905 users