Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
0 votes
Hello! Good people in this community...

I am going to Spain for holiday with my family, on Thursday from Köln airport.

I have anerkannt from BAMF and three years visa and my family has two years visa.

Is there anything that I should be careful before my travel?

asked Mar 28, 2017 in Activities by MoniLink (4,940 points)
Just to make sure that we don't miss out on anything I'm going to link @Marcel and @Steven our experienced lawyers here in the community.

1 Answer

+2 votes
Hello MoniLink,

as far as I can see travelling to spain should not be a problem. You are a recognized refugee - therefore you should have gotten a passport along with your residence title.

This passport is valid in every country that signed the Geneva Convention (it's more than 100 countries) including most of the EU -> the so called Schengen Space which Spain is a part of.

You can stay there for three months without a visa, but you are not allowed to work.

For detailed information see this website by the Refugee Council of Lower Saxony (headline "Reisen"):

Or here (headline: "anerkannte Flüchtlinge"):

If you need help with the translation, feel free to ask. But if I remember correctly you understand written german, don't you?

I hope that my answer was helpful for you.

Best regards,
answered Mar 29, 2017 by Thor (37,870 points)
Thanks so much dear Thorgen! @Thor
I am happy to help :)
1,173 questions
1,682 answers
2,261 users