Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
asked Jan 4, 2017 in Home & Living by WefugeesEvent
Detusche Übersetzung bei

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+3 votes
If you are still at LAF, you need to apply for your rent to be covered at the “EJF” in the Turmstrasse Haus M. For that you need:
•    The lease offer (the official form from the landlord)
•    Your ID/resident permit
•    And the permission to look for an apartment.

At jobcenter, you can easily come by with your ID and your lease offer and then directly apply for your rent to be covered. Normally you will get it at the same day
answered Jan 4, 2017 by J.
When you get the document saying that the costs will be covered (Kostenübernahme) from LAF or the Jobcenter, you should go to the landlord with that so that the lease contract can be made. The landlord will only sign the lease contract when that document is there and submitted.
3,612 questions
4,343 answers
135,510 users