Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I want to rent a room and Social will pay the price for me .. it is ok if it is WG or any thing else
asked Aug 17, 2016 in Home & Living by roj

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+4 votes

the social assistance office doesn't care if your room is part of a WG or a flat.
Show your hiring contract to your local social assistance office before you sign it to make sure the social will pay the costs!

Informations in brief see SPIEGEL Online: (German text).
These informations are designed for German refugee helpers, but they respond to your question).
Detailed informations concerning social benefits and housing see (German text).

Kind regards, Jan
answered Aug 17, 2016 by Jan
+2 votes
Hello Roj.

I found it very helpful looking around some groups on facebook and sites as well, where  people post their free places, and you can also ask what you need.

Facebook groups:

Here are some of the sites:

You can search for rooms or shared flats - and you don't have to register or pay.
Maybe you'll find some interesting offers on these websites as well: ->

Good luck!
Let us know if you find a way.
answered Aug 19, 2016 by Albi
I had a look at the site '' some days ago. Please note that they charge a booking fee! Check their terms and conditions carefully:
3,836 questions
4,596 answers
136,093 users