Hello everyone
I have a fachgebunde hochschulreife for literature. I am still in the asylum process and my question is whether it would be possible for me to do a Duale Studium. I am almost complete with B2 in German, I am fluent in English (around C1) and I know an additional language. There is a fachhochschule near my city, and i saw businesses putting up posters saying theyre partnering with that fachhochschule for duale studium. I heard Ausbildungsduldung only works when I do the schooling part in a Berufschule. I dont want to waste my Hochschulreife. What should I do?
asked Apr 15 in Education by maribel999 | 605 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi @maribel999

I just answered your other question on this topic. To confirm again, a 'duales Studium' also entitles you to get an Ausbildungsduldung or resident permit 16g, if it leads to you having a vocational qualification (Berufsabschluss) in addition to a third-level academic qualification.

Here is the information on this from the immigration authorities in Berlin:

Ebenso möglich sind duale Studiengänge, in denen parallel ein Studium und eine Berufsausbildung absolviert werden und die Absolventen den jeweiligen Hochschulabschluss sowie einen anerkannten dualen Berufsabschluss nach dem Berufsbildungsgesetz oder der Handwerksordnung erwerben.


The rules are the same throughout Germany.



answered May 7 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,291 questions
6,286 answers
139,282 users