Hello again ,

I lives in Germany from 2016 ,

Got an Aufenthaltserlaubnis on June 2022 through Ausbildung ( 19 D )

My present Card is going to expire on Coming June 2024,

So can I apply for the   Niederlassungserlaubnis ?

I used to work 2016 to till today  ( 2019 August to 2021 Ausbildung ) paid RV for all those time period .

So please suggest me what should I apply next ?

asked Feb 2 in Legal advice by Nima | 1,060 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Nima,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

We actually discussed a very similar question here before - please follow the link for more information. In short, you have to hold the residence permit for minimum five years (unfortunately, the period in "Duldung" does not count). This means that you should be able to apply for the permanent residence permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis) by June 2027 if you fulfill all requirements. In the meantime you can extend your current temporary residence permit as long as you meet the respective conditions.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Feb 3 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,329 questions
6,333 answers
139,342 users