I came from Ghana Germany as a minor in 2019,did my b1,currently doing my Ausbildung zusammen mit Hauptschule,would be Done Next year,Buh i have been asked to go cal home to secure a visa form the German embassy in Ghana which doesn’t come with a guarantee,is there any option around me getting my Aufenthalt here without going to ghana
asked Nov 18 in Legal advice by Samfrim | 185 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Samfrim,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and it is nice that you reach out to us! You are doing so good finishing school and making an Ausbildung - I wish you all the best for the final year!

First of all, I want to mention that I am not a lawyer and that we can not provide any legal and individual counselling on this public platform.

However, I am happy to share some thoughts on your case, even though it would be helpful to learn more about it (questions like: Are you currently holding a Duldung? Did you apply for asylum? Was it rejected or withdrawn? What kind of Ausbildung is it? etc.).

We have to keep in mind that Ghana is considered as so-called "safe country of origin" and some different rules may apply. The first possible option which came into my mind and not requiring a visa was the residence permit according to section 25a of the German Residence Act though. If I am not mistaken, also people from so-called "safe countries" can apply for it. Do you agree dear @mbeon-Éanna?

Please see Handbook Germany's website to learn more about the respective requirements. In any case, I highly recommend you to contact a refugee/migration counselling office to get individual advice and support. You may check for a "Jugendmigrationsdienst" in the first place. Please let us know if you need help in this regard.

I hope my answer was useful to you and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any futher questions or to keep us updated!

All the best,


answered Nov 26 by Meike
Thank you very much for your reply,I am currently holding a Duldung ,which is always extended regularly ,I didn’t apply for asylum because my lawyer adviced that it will be a dead end because of the country am from,we went by integration,that is schooling and doing an Ausbildung.Ausbildung as an Altenpflegehilfe
Hi @Samfrim, I agree with my colleage that the residence permit according to paragraph 25a for well-integrated young people is likely to be the best option for you. The advantage of this permit is that the authorities can issue it without the person having to leave Germany and go through the visa process. It is important to note that the law says that they 'can' do this; it is at the discretion of the Ausländerbehörde whether to issue it or not. As you have a lawyer, it is important you seek their opinion on the best course of action.
Thank you so much for your reply and the additional information! :-)
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,014 questions
5,977 answers
138,972 users