Good day,

I have a friend who what’s to seek an asylum in Germany but she got married to an Italian man.

She already have Italian 5 years documents but her documents  is on renew now.                       

but she want to abandon it and come here to seek an asylum.

 My question is, if she eventually come here will they grant her a permit to stay here?

She has a child with the Italian man.

Thank you.

asked Nov 14, 2023 in Asylum proceedings by Omonye | 560 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi @Omonye

If she seeks asylum in Germany she will go through the Dublin procedure. As she has a residency status in Italy, she would be deported to Italy where she then can have an asylum case heard there.

Does she have permanent residency in Italy? It is called ‘soggiornante di lungo periodo’. If she has this, then she can come to Germany and **** for a job here. If she finds work, she can apply for a special residence permit for people who have permanent residency in another EU country.

If she comes to Germany with her child, then it is possible under certain conditions for her to receive a residence permit as the parent of an EU citizen child. If the father also comes to Germany and is working here, then this is relatively straightforward. If she came alone with the child, it is more complicated and she should inform herself fully before undertaking such a plan.



answered Nov 17, 2023 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,332 questions
6,335 answers
139,347 users