asked Sep 7, 2023 in Asylum proceedings by Unknown | 291 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello and thank you for your question!

As far as I understand, you were granted asylum according to section 16a of the Basic Law, right?

Handbook Germany describe your rights - including the issuance of a residence permit according to section 25 paragraph 1 of the German Residence Act - very well. Please follow the link for the details. My colleague Éanna explained in this thread the usual procedure after the final BAMF decision on an asylum application. You may send an application for the residence permit to your local immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) already and in case you can not cover your costs of living with i.e. an income, you can apply for unemployment money at the jobcenter as well.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Sep 9, 2023 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,332 questions
6,335 answers
139,347 users