I got Resident Permit 104c and wish to travel to my home country.Do I have to notify Ausländerbehöde before i travel?
asked Jul 30, 2023 in Legal advice by Mashoko | 332 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Mashoko

Thank you for your question. 

If you are planning to travel just for a (short-term) visit, you don't have to inform the immigration office (Ausländerbehörde). Please note, however, that you would have to discuss with them any other purpose (studying, nursing a family member etc.) than visiting/travelling. In general, a temporary residence expires if you have left Germany for more than 6 months. 

In case you are receiving social money (i.e. by the jobcenter), you have to apply for your travels at the respective auhtority. The jobcenter is usually granting up to 3 weeks per year. 

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Aug 13, 2023 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,198 questions
6,176 answers
139,179 users