my fiancé currently has an Ausbildungsduldung and has applied for residency permit §25b.
Hopeful that they accept and give it, we plan on getting married and then applying for a family reunification residency for me... Could you kindly advise if that's possible? Would this be §30 then?

Also, a smaller following question:
We haven't received word from the Auslanderbehorde concerning his application and aren't sure how to go about this to ask them for some feedback or something. Any advice please?
asked Jun 20, 2023 in Legal advice by mmohamedali | 228 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Hi, update:

So y fiancé will not be eligible for a 25.b residency, but instead the 104c. Can a family reunion still work?
answered Jul 3, 2023 by mmohamedali
0 votes

Dear @mmohamedali

Unfortunately, people holding a residence permit according to section 104c of the German Residence Act (Chancen-Aufenthalt) are not entitled for family reunification. I am sorry that I can provide any more positive information. 

The family reunification options (very limited) with holding a residence permit according to 25b were discussed here before. 

In any case, please don’t hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best, 


answered Jul 4, 2023 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,208 questions
6,193 answers
139,195 users