asked Apr 16, 2023 in Education by Roni | 82 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Roni,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us!

If you are holding an "Aufenthaltsgestattung" it means that your asylum case is still pending. With an Aufenthaltsgestattung you are also allowed to study. The 3+2 residence refers to the so-called "Ausbildungsduldung". Handbook Germany is providing very helpful information on this in various languages here. In case your asylum application gets rejected, only a study program in which you complete a study program and a qualified vocational training (Ausbildung) at the same time might be eligible for the "Ausbildungsduldung". Usually it is granted for people who complete vocational training.

Do you agree with me dear @mbeon-Christine and is there anything you want to add?

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Apr 16, 2023 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,134 questions
6,110 answers
139,113 users