Apart from Chance Aufenthalt new Law which was imposed early this year,is there any Change of law to Duldung holders who are less than five years here in Germany?Kindly inform me any Changes If any.
asked Jan 26, 2023 in Legal advice by Kim mimi | 374 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Kim mimi and thank you for your question!

Next to the introduction of the new residence permit according to section 104c (Chancen-Aufenthaltsrecht), the residence permits according to section 25a (now children and young adults between the age of 14 and 26 can apply for it) and 25b were changed. For the 25a you need to have stayed in Germany for minimum 4 years and hold a “Duldung” for 12 months before you can apply for the residence permit. Please see Handbook Germany’s article on it for the full list of requirements. 

We discussed the new requirements for the residence permit according to section 25b a few days ago here. In case you live as a family with minor children, you may apply already after having stayed in Germany for 4 years. 

I hope this helps and please don’t hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jan 29, 2023 by Meike
@Meike hallo, if someone have that permit, how many years can he wait to get permanent permit? And what requirement he need to get the permanent permit after getting the paragraph 25
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,255 questions
6,245 answers
139,246 users