Hello everyone,

Today I got a letter from BAMF that I got deportation ban according to § 60 Abs. 5 oder 7, I am currently living with my wife which has Aufenthaltsgestattung as she has also applied for asylum application and is waiting for the decision. Our marriage is officially registered in Germany, is it possible if I apply for the same residence permit for my wife until she gets a decision for her asylum application ? If yes, could you please let me know about the procedure?

Thank you!
asked Nov 8 in Legal advice by liebenleben
Hello and welcome back to Wefugees.
Thank you for your question
We are working on your question and will get back to you as soon as we have an answer.


Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear @liebenleben,

It is not possible for her to apply for a residence permit while in the asylum process. She will remain with the status ‘Aufenthaltsgestattung’ until a decision has been made on her asylum application. In addition, the type of residence permit you have (deportation ban) is generally determined in the asylum process by BAMF. If she were to withdraw her asylum application, she could apply for a different type of permit, e.g. family reunification with you. However, it is rare that a family reunification permit would be granted to the spouse of a person with a deportation ban. In my view, I do not see any advantage in withdrawing her asylum application. If considering doing so, I recommend you seek legal advice before doing so.



answered Nov 11 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,542 questions
5,443 answers
137,911 users