I have live in germany for 4 years I have been giving paragraph 25 abs 5.for 18 months I have my B1 certificate and leben in Deutschland I have mini job I renew and they now give me 1 year same paragraph 25 abs 5 what should I do. Should I contact a lawyer
asked Oct 18, 2022 in Legal advice by Felixcitysnow | 248 views
Hey Felix, Welcome back to Wefugees. Our dear @mbeon-Éanna. Thank you for your question and trust. I will link our expert @mbeon-Éanna here. With best regards Saskia

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Hi @Felixcitysnow,

It’s not clear why you would need to contact a lawyer. Is your question about the type of permit you got or the length of time? You would only receive a different type of permit if:

  1. Your situation changed, for example you were entitled to a permit as the spouse of a German person.
  2. You fulfil the requirements for permanent residency. This is generally only possible after 5 years of residency and if you are able to support yourself fully financially (i.e. not receiving any money from the Jobcenter).

The permit 25 Abs. 5 is issued first three times for a period of 6 months and after 18 months you can receive a longer permit, which has happened in your case. Here is the paragraph that covers length of time for residence permits:




answered Oct 26, 2022 by mbeon-Éanna
0 votes

The permit 25 Abs. 5 is first given out three times for 6 months. After 18 months, you can get a longer permit, which is what happened to you.  mario games

answered May 20, 2023 by pinaforecast
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,259 questions
6,259 answers
139,249 users