1 view
Ich lebe hier in Deutchland  und bin mit einem Deutschen verheiratet. Vor seiner Einbürgerung war er ebenfalls Inhaber eines Flüchtlingsstatus. Ich bin wegen der Flüchtlingseigenschaft meines Mannes mit einem Visum zur Familienzusammenführung nach Deutschland gekommen. Und ich wurde aufgefordert, auch einen Flüchtlingsstatus zu beantragen, was ich tat und bekam. Ich möchte diesen Flüchtlingsstatus nicht mehr, da ich von meiner Familie in meinem Heimatland überzeugt bin, dass ich bei der Rückkehr sicher bin. Der Reisepass meines Landes ist abgelaufen. Ich möchte meine Flüchtlingseigenschaft widerrufen und eine Aufenthaltserlaubnis zum Normalaufenthalt erwerben. Ist es möglich, nach Aberkennung der Flüchtlingseigenschaft ohne gültigen Reisepass eine Aufenthaltserlaubnis zu erhalten? Weil ich nach der Absage den Pass beantragen muss. Ich muss später die Staatsbürgerschaft beantragen, aber nicht als Flüchtling. Ich brauche bitte euren Rat.
asked Sep 4, 2022 in Legal advice by Sam Rogers | 1 view

Hallo @Sam Rogers, willkommen auf unserer Wefugees Plattform und vielen Dank für deine Frage! Ich verlinke hier gerne unsere Expert:innen für dich @mbeon-Gabriele und @mbeon-Éanna hier. Vielleicht können Sie dir bei deiner Frage weiterhelfen. Beste Grüße, Julia

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hello Sam,
how great that you have turned to Wefugees with your question. If I understand you correctly, your spouse is now a German citizen and you have also been living in Germany for some time.

If you yourself have had a residence title here in Germany for three years (regardless of whether it was initially through your partner or whether you have your own) and the cohabitation with your partner continues, you may already be able to apply for a settlement permit for yourself. You will then automatically give up your refugee status with all its restrictions!

The permanent residence right of the settlement permit gives you the freedom to have your passport extended and/or to travel to your home country without giving up your nationality. To find out whether you meet the requirements for a settlement permit, it is best to check the website of your competent foreigners authority. In addition to the length of your stay, this includes questions about your livelihood, health insurance, criminal offences, German language skills (B1) and accommodation. Since your partner is already a naturalised citizen, I assume that you fulfil these criteria. You will also have already clarified your identity within the framework of the family reunion, so that the currently expired passport should not be an obstacle.
I wish you success and all the best.
Many greetings

answered Sep 6, 2022 by mbeon-Gabriele
Thank you for your answer, dear @mbeon-Gabriele! Much appreciated :)
Thank you much for your feedback. I am already 4 years in Germany and in all these years i started Germany languagge school and dropped out because i was going in a parental leave. The parental leave will end in 2 years for our 4th child. I could not wait until i obtain B1 language to apply for a permanet residence permit and regain my freedom. Is it possible to have a normal residence permit? Should I revoke the refugee status first? Which comes first?  We do not depend on social support and i have were i live with my family as im regally married. In this case after renouncing the refugee status,would i require a language B1 to be given a resident permit? If i have not yet got it ,what could be done. You advice please.
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,776 questions
5,712 answers
138,556 users