Good morning wefugees,
I would like to know when exactly does the  60 months of pension insurance contributions  required for unlimited residence permit start ?
Do the periods in which someone was still holding Aufenthaltgesstattung or Duldung count?
Because I signed my first full time job countract when I was still holding Aufenthaltgesstattung, then it continued during  the time I had  my Duldung and now I'm in possession of a Aufenthaltserlaubnis for almost two years.
I have been paying for my pension insurance contribution  for more than five years now.
So will those periods be counted when I reach the 5 years threshold to apply for unbefristete Aufenthaltserlaubnis ?
Thank you in advance.
asked Jan 6 in Legal advice by Great Man

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear Great Man, 

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your very interesting question. 

Yes, as far as I know, the period you contributed to the social insurance while holding an "Aufenthaltsgestattung" or "Duldung" does also count regarding the required 60 months contribution. I never came across a conflicting information. Nevertheless, I will also link our dear @mbeon-fardeen here to correct me in case. 

All the best, 


answered Jan 9 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,367 questions
5,227 answers
137,311 users