Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I have refugee status in Germany, I wanted to get married in France, but the mayor of France asks him to provide a birth certificate, custom certificate and celibacy or could I get them in Germany  ?
asked Aug 7 in Other Questions by Sylndaya

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Sylndaya

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us. 

From my experience, countries may regulate the application process for those kind of documents in different ways. In most cases, you could apply at your country of origin's embassy. If you are not born in Germany, German authorities can unfortunately not issue a bith certificate, for instance. I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Aug 8 by Meike
3,837 questions
4,599 answers
136,094 users