As i can´t go to denmark,can our wedding take place here in germany? if yes what would i need and which procedure can we follow?

which advise can i have,please we thank all those who will take his or her time to answer us.

NB; I don´t have duldung
asked Jul 9, 2021 in Legal advice by hassan le pro | 296 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear hassan le pro,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

In general, refugees can get married in Germany. But why are you not able to travel to Denmark? Is your asylum procedure still pending? We actually wrote a blog on the marriage process in Germany, including a list of the most likely required documents. Furthermore, we discussed this topic already a couple of times on this platform. If you check this thread, for instance, you will find more information and links. Once you are married, you may also apply for a residence permit as spouse of an EU cititzen (either in Denmark or in Germany - depending on where you will live together).

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions or if you want to discuss your case in more detail.

All the best,


answered Jul 9, 2021 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,132 questions
6,106 answers
139,112 users