Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Can  one with Ausbildungduldung get protection for his family if the family asylum applications had been rejected?
 The Husband has Ausbildungduldung status.
asked Jun 14 in Legal advice by StrongJunior

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @StrongJunior,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

My dear colleague Alla actually answered a very similar question before. Please see this thread for her detailed explanations. In short, your family members may apply for a so-called “Ermessensduldung”. A “Duldung” is unfortunately not an actual residence permit but a toleration for the time being. However, as Alla described, the authorities might argue that your “Ausbildung” is your free choice and you also could live together with your family in your country of origin. If you are facing problems, you better involve a lawyer here.

I wish you all the best,


answered Jun 17 by Meike
3,843 questions
4,607 answers
136,113 users