Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

I want to know if it is possible to move to another city ? As after giving the exams, i have received a  job offer from another city. For eg  Leipzig to Bonn.

Do i need again a permission from ABH to process it ?
asked May 9 in Legal advice by Dreamchaser

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear @Dreamchaser

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question. 

As far as I remember, you are currently holding an “Ausbildungsduldung”, correct? In case you want to move to another place, you probably need to submit a so-called “Umverteilungsantrag” to the immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) and they have to approve it. Also when they issue a residence permit after your three years of Ausbildungsduldung (3 + 2), I would always recommend to contact the immigration office and to check your “Zusatzblatt” for the conditions. In case you are subject of a so-called “Wohnsitzauflage”, you need to apply for the deletion (Streichung). Certainly a job offer would be a strong reason for the immigration office to approve this. 

Regarding your job, please remember, that it will be important for you and your residence to work in the field you are specialized/trained in. 

Do you agree dear @mbeon-fardeen or is there anything you would like to add? 

@Dreamchaser, I hope this helps and please don’t hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered May 9 by Meike
0 votes
Yes, you are right. I am having Ausbildungduldung and my work will be in my field in which i got trained.

I thought i dont have to do again Wohnsitzauflage as i have already did it and it has been deleted. About Umverteilungsantrag, i did this one before moving to another city because of a Job. Do i have to do it again ? When should i do it ? (Good time to process) do i have to submit it to ABH or Zentrale ABH?

But this make me confused as after completion of my Ausbildung i will get resident permit para 19d . I can choose decide if i want to move to another state or always have to ask ABH ?
answered May 9 by Dreamchaser
edited May 9 by Dreamchaser
3,899 questions
4,669 answers
136,231 users