Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
hallo wafugee team

iam holding residance permit 25 abs 2 for 3 year and if i get marraide to a german citizen my aufenthaltstitle would be changed or i stay with same status ? and if become new status then how long could be my new aufenthaltstitle. thank you
asked Oct 4, 2020 in Legal advice by uzma

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Uzma,

thank you for reaching out to the Wefugees community.

I would recommend, that you keep your resident permit as a recognized refugee. So your resident status is

independent from your husband. In the case of separation, you must  have  had to live together in Germany for 3 years in order to receive your own residence permit.
I hope my answers were helpful and I would be very happy if you would contact me again or my colleagues with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and we’ll be glad to guide you over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. In the mbeon-app you’ll get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For Further information please visit
Best regards,
your mbeon advisor 


answered Oct 5, 2020 by manrhei-mbeon
4,045 questions
4,816 answers
136,527 users