I have been here in Germany since January and I have done a couple of Aufnahmetests for attending Studienkolleg, but I haven't been accepted to any. In  the end of July I have extended my visa and I already got my Aufenthaltskarte - but in the Zusatzblatt there was a Nebenbestimmung that says "Berechtigt nur zum Besuch des Studienkollegs"

But now that my time and money is decreasing I really want to apply to an Ausbildung, it sounds very interesting to me (because I actually still don't know what my passion is so in only tried to go to college because my parents said so) but I'm afraid of my visa, I don't wanna do anything illegal..

I already have translated school documents and B2 certificate by the way. Is that okay for me to attend Ausbildung with my visa? What do I have to do?

Last thing I wanna say is I am so sorry for the long story, I just wanna explain my situation clearly.  And if someone wants to answer this, thank you so very much.

Have a nice day!
asked Sep 3, 2020 in Education by thisisapril
Dear @thisisapril, Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for sharing your question. As I am unfortunately not too familiar with the education and related residence topics, I will link our wonderful expert @mbeon-Christine here (sorry for keeping you so busy ;-)) as she is really knowledgeable in this field. Maybe she can give some advice/further information. All the best, Meike
Ahhh thank you so much for reading and replying my question! And thank you for linking this question as well. I am so glad I found this community.  
Have a nice evening!

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Best answer

Hello @thisisapril,

welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for sharing your question with us.

According to the procedure references of the immigration authority Berlin, changing the purpose of your stay is possible in case you submit a contract for an apprenticeship and prove that you won't be able to finish your studies despite all your efforts. Nonetheless, the decision whether you will be given a residence permit for professional training is at the discretion of the immigration office. The period between applying to the Studienkollegs and the start of the apprenticeship should not exceed three months in general. And you should choose an apprenticeship in a so called bottleneck profession. A list of the professions can be found here: https://www.mangelberufe.de/facharbeiter/.

I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the MBEON-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online consultancy for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it via App Store or Google Play Store. You'll find me In the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. Further information: www.mbeon.de. Best regards mbeon-Christine

answered Sep 7, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
Hallo ,
I am also facing same problem as you .Can you answer me if i also can do Ausbildung instead of Studienkolleg.
Hi, I have decided to try and continue attending college. But you can see the answer that Christine posted above. I hope it helps
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,363 questions
5,223 answers
137,301 users