Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hey I am just curious to know whether is it possible to obtain citizenship if one has the status of Aufenthaltgesttatung?
asked Jun 8 in Other Questions by Sidra
recategorized Jun 8 by Sidra

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear Sidra,

Thank you for reaching out to the Wefugees community.

There are various requirements for naturalization: One requirement is a legal stay in Germany. If you are recognized as a person entitled to asylum, the residence permit "Aufenthaltsgestattung" counts as a waiting period for naturalization. However, it is not possible to apply for naturalization with this residence permit. You need a "Aufenthaltserlaubnis" or a "Niederlassungserlaubnis".

More informations you can find here:

I hope my answers were helpful and I would be very happy if you would contact me again with further questions. I'm a consultant with mbeon and I‘ll be glad to help you over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. You can find me in the mbeon app and get confidential individual advice in a secure virtual space without other people reading our conversation. Further information:
Best regards,
your mbeon advisor


answered Jun 9 by manrhei-mbeon
Thank you :)
3,165 questions
3,943 answers
134,569 users